Welcome to the Polyphagous Dragon!

Hearty greetings from the Rainbow Dragon to all visitors to my digital kitchen in the blogosphere!

As my blog title suggests, these pages contain a wild mix of recipes which sample a wide range of flavours and cultures. I won't even try to apply an over-arching theme to this project other than to say that every dish is about creating good food!

The Polyphagous Dragon offers multiple options for site navigation in the sidebar panels. Use the Contents box to search for recipes by dish type, the Blog Archives to search for a specific recipe by title or the Ingredients Index to pull up all recipes that feature a particular ingredient. See also my Cooking Philosophy notes for further insights.

Add to Technorati Favorites Wassail!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Chocolate Rollups

Here's another quick treat. It's a variation on my Cinnamon Rollups idea -- because everything's better with chocolate!

My friend Pam gave me a massive tin of fair trade genuine Belgian chocolate hot chocolate. But this is no flavoured cocoa powder with weird additives. This is the real deal. Shaved Belgian chocolate.

I'm not a milk drinker, and couldn't bring myself to simply melt the stuff into hot water, so I'm having fun with all of the baked goods one can easily whip up with a ready supply of shaved gourmet chocolate. This one is quick and simple, and so good I'm tempted to forget the whole "leftover pastry scraps" idea and whip up a fresh batch of dough for this recipe alone!

Ingredients:
  • leftover pastry dough
  • fine, shaved chocolate

Directions:

Roll out pastry dough into a thin sheet.
Sprinkle shaved chocolate nice and thickly over the dough.
Roll pastry up into a tight roll.
Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes.
Enjoy hot out of the oven.

No comments: