Welcome to the Polyphagous Dragon!

Hearty greetings from the Rainbow Dragon to all visitors to my digital kitchen in the blogosphere!

As my blog title suggests, these pages contain a wild mix of recipes which sample a wide range of flavours and cultures. I won't even try to apply an over-arching theme to this project other than to say that every dish is about creating good food!

The Polyphagous Dragon offers multiple options for site navigation in the sidebar panels. Use the Contents box to search for recipes by dish type, the Blog Archives to search for a specific recipe by title or the Ingredients Index to pull up all recipes that feature a particular ingredient. See also my Cooking Philosophy notes for further insights.

Add to Technorati Favorites Wassail!

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Rainbow Day Feast

On the 12th of January, 1974, my family crossed Niagara Falls via Rainbow Bridge and set foot on Canadian soil for the first time. We have celebrated Rainbow Day on the 12th of January ever since.

Of all of the many blessings of my life in Canada, the ones for which I am most thankful are the wonderful friends who have blessed my life in this country, so I host a feast every year in January in honour of them.

The feast traditionally consists of six courses, chosen from some of my friends' favourite dishes. I am asked for the recipes often, so here they are, the Rainbow Day Feast at the Polyphagous Dragon:


No comments: